4 Ways to Attract Customers to Your Online Dropshipping Business
Creating a Dropshipping business may be one of the easiest things to do to start building a business, but that’s not going to make you money.
In order to make your millions – or even thousands – you’re going to need to let people know what you can offer them.
Marketing your business and optimizing your website for search engines is what will make all the difference to your pockets.
This article contains the first and most important ways to attract customers to your dropshipping business, so that you make more money.
1: Create Unique Product Descriptions
The mistake most dropshipping business owners make is to use the product descriptions of the manufacturers.
When you understand SEO, you’ll understand that this is likely to cause you problems as search engines consider the same content on various websites, to be duplicated, and they will penalize you for “stealing” someone else’s content (whoever used the product description first is seen as the “owner” of the product description.
This example of a unique product description comes from Modcloth.
In addition, it is emotion that sells. When a product description is written by a copywriter who is skilled in the art of writing to evoke emotion, that will result in higher conversions.
2: Add Blog Content
There’s a reason for content overload on the internet! It’s because the content on your website tells search engines what your site is about, and how it helps your target audience.
The thing about content that you need to know is that it has to:
- Appeal to your target audience. It has to add value to their lives.
- It has to be written in a way that makes it easy to read.
- To attract more traffic, it should be optimized for search engines. In other words, you need to use the right words on your site; those your target audience uses to find what they’re looking for.
3: Optimize Images for Search Engines
Another common problem with dropshipping sites are that the majority of owners all use the standard manufacturer produced images. If you have to use them too, make sure you publish them so that search engines understand what they are about, as your images help bring traffic to your online business.
How do you SEO images? Well, it varies with the CMS you’re using. For instance, if you’re with Shopify, you’d need to buy the SEO Image Alt Text Optimizer. If you are with WordPress, install an SEO plugin. Squarespace? Follow their knowledge base instructions.
Essentially, you don’t need to be an HTML guru to ensure your images are optimized for search engines; there are tools to help the process.
This is what image SEO involves:
- When blogging, choose images that relate to the article content.
- Name the image title using a relevant keyword when you save it to your computer, and before uploading to your website.
- Resize your photo using a tool like Picresize or Optimizilla so it’s not too large, as this affects the load time of your website, and speed is of major importance to your shoppers and to search engines.
- Correctly describe your image in the ALT section of your website, using keywords. Make sure you write a description that describes the image sufficiently.
4: Offer Value
The best way to view your dropshipping business, is to add value to your target audience. Once you replace the “make money” mindset to the “add value” one, you will automatically start generating more interest which translates into more cash.
Best Buy is a great example. They sell technology products, each of which have a unique product description, as well as big text that says, “save $xxx”. People love this, because humans are drawn to getting something for less!
In addition, they offer a free laptop buyer’s guide, which is of real value to their target audience. All in all, Best Buy have tons of relevant content on their website, which search engines appreciate and reward. And yes, the proof is in the pudding, so to speak, and this is evident from their search ranking, which is higher than any other site in the world for the search term, “buy laptop”.
Best Buy ranks number 1 in Google for the search term, “buy laptop”.
By adding value-add content to your website, directed at your target audience, you will attract more natural, organic traffic from the right people, so that you can make more sales.
When you add content to your site in the form of blog posts, be sure to share it to social media, to help attract even more traffic.
Setting up your dropshipping business is the easy part.
The next four ways however, is what will bring more of the right people to your site, and this of course, is the ultimate point of starting your own business:
- Develop product descriptions that are unique and evoke emotion
- Add as much value-add content to your site as possible
- Optimize images so that search engines can use them properly
- In all you do, make sure to offer value
The post 4 Ways to Attract Customers to Your Online Dropshipping Business appeared first on Blogtrepreneur – For Busy Entrepreneurs.