5 Best WordPress Subscription Plugins Reviewed
Are you looking for a way to monetize your blog contents? Then having a WordPress subscription
Business -$99/ year
Developer -$199/ year
Personal -$49/ year
Professional – $199/ year
Core – $97/year
Site membership -$59/year
MemberPress is one of the most popular WordPress subscription plugins with an immense amount of features. MemberPress will allow you to grant and restrict access to posts, pages, categories, tags, communities and digital files based on user subscription plans. MemberPress makes it simple to setup a membership website with WordPress. It can set up pricing plans, login, account, and thank you pages for your users.
Some other top features of MemberPress include:
- Management of unlimited number of members.
- A powerful access control, which allows you to restrict access to any posts, pages, categories, tags and files.
- Selling an unlimited amount of digital products and pricing pages.
- Showing or releasing restricted content to members at certain time intervals. This is commonly used for selling online courses or learning materials.
- Accepting payments with PayPal Express Checkout and Stripe.
2. Restrict Content Pro
Restrict Content Pro is one of the best membership plugins for WordPress. With Restrict Content, you can develop a large number of subscription packages, prices, and levels. Restrict Content Pro smoothly integrates with the WordPress user interface which makes it easy to use all its features.
Major features include:
- Different membership plans like free, trial and premium subscriptions.
- Promotional coupons, sales, and discounts can be activated.
- Controlling access to whole posts, pages or just sections of pages.
- Setting expiration dates for memberships.
- Integrations with Stripe, PayPal, MailChimp, MailPoet, email manager and CSV export.
3. Paid Memberships Pro
Paid Memberships Pro is one of best wordpress membership plugins that you can use to create different membership levels and also restrict access to the content of your WordPress site to selected users.
Main features are:
- Set up the membership levels like free, paid, or recurring subscriptions like annual, monthly, weekly and daily.
- Easy Payment Gateway Integration Stripe, Authorize.net, PayPal, braintree, 2Checkout, and cybersource.
- Flexible pricing and free trial periods for your members.
- Set access and membership levels for individual pages and posts
- Drip release content over time.
WP-Members is the original WordPress membership plugin. The plugin restricts selected WordPress content depending on membership to registered site members. WP-Members requires no modifications to your theme while remaining scalable for users who want to customize the look and feel, or want to restrict only some content.
- Restricting posts, pages, both, or none by default.
- User login, registration, and profile integrated into your theme.
- Creating custom registration and profile fields.
- Visitors can pay for memberships using PayPal for trials and recurring membership payments also can be collected automatically.
- It lets you integrate MailChimp with your membership website.
MemberMouse is a premium membership and e-commerce solution, which lets you create a membership site in a few minutes. MemberMouse provides a flexible platform for you to sell digital products, subscription content, software service or ship physical goods.
Other features include:
- Providing you with a pack of automated customer support tools and giving a customer the ability to update their contact details, billing address, username and password and even cancel their account.
- Affiliate tracking, engagement statistics and member activity log.
- Comprehensive member management features like order history, refund, engagement statistics, access rights, pause and cancel.
- Setting up delivery schedules for your content and time-release programs.
- Keeping your customer data always safe and secure via partnerships with PCI compliant billing vendors.
- 1-click upsells, which offer customers additional product offers they may be interested in.
With so many good subscription plugins available in WordPress, one can easily start offering restricted access content on their site to their subscribers. Many of them offer good features already with their free versions, which can be upgraded with premium add on options. The paid ones ensure a professional support system, so that you can focus on getting more subscribers for your site.
Choose the ideal plugin suited for your business based on the features you need, such as content dripping, course delivery, pay per view access, recurring payments and custom landing pages.