9 Best WordPress Plugins for your Store
If you are a small scale business owner or a big retail shop starting an online shop for your products is very crucial in today’s always connected world. Starting an online store has become much easier with the help of a wide variety of WordPress store plugins available today. You can easily build sites that sell both digital goods and physical goods that need shipping.
We look at the 9 best WordPress plugins for your store available today. Check out which plugin is best suited for you and start building a successful online store.
WooCommerce, built by WooThemes, is probably the most popular and widely used WordPress store plugin. With over 16 million downloads, it powers more than 37% of world’s eCommerce websites.
Packed with extensive range of free and premium add-ons, this free store plugin can turn your WordPress site into a million dollar eCommerce store. It supports various type of shipping, so you can easily sell your products worldwide.
WooCommerce features are:
- Create a highly customizable online store with hundreds of themes and extensions.
- Sell either physical and digital, affiliate and external products to customers worldwide.
- Easy inventory management, right from your dashboard.
- Built in PayPal integrations and settings for customer accounts, products, tax, shipping, and transactional emails.
- You can purchase paid extensions and themes to further enhance your store.
2. Easy Digital Downloads
If you are looking to sell only digitally downloadable products, Easy Digital Downloads allows you to do that easily. Easy Digital Downloads is built specifically to sell digital downloads so it provides a better experience for digital goods and is also a free plugin.
Main features include:
- Simplicity to add products and display them.
- There are hundreds of extensions available and add-ons for many payment gateways, platforms and services.
- It supports coupon codes, customer management, data reporting, run promotional sales, shopping cart system for purchasing multiple downloads and complete payment history.
Jigoshop is a free, reliable, secure and robust WordPress eCommerce plugin best suited for small store owners. Jigoshop features an excellent dashboard through which you can setup and manage your web quickly. The best thing about Jigoshop is that it is one of the best WordPress shopping carts available.
- More than 30 highly customizable and professional looking themes to go with it.
- Very useful SEO features to help your site to easily rank at the top of all major search engines.
- User friendly inventory system with sortable sales graphs and stock report
- Built-in payment options and supports various payment modes like bank transfer, PayPal, Future Pay, and cash on delivery.
Shopp is another proven WordPress shopping cart plugin to create online stores. With Shopp, you can create your own order labels and easily move orders through different order fulfillment stages, either automatically or manually.
Some of its main features are:
- Pre-installed templates and layouts.
- Supports both physical and digital product types.
- Easy integration with over 50 payment processing platforms, multiple shipping rate providers, cloud storage and tax services.
- Built in security and also SEO compatibility.
The basic plugin is free and you can go for premium version with support starting from $75 per year.
Cart66 is a lightweight, secure and highly efficient eCommerce plugin for creating a “PCI compliant” WordPress store. You can easily sell digital as well as physical products with it. It has multiple shipping and currency options, so it can also help you can make your business international. You can easily place advertisements and affiliate links for generating more income.
Cart66 provides a complete set of eCommerce tools.
Below are its main features:
- Multiple shipping and currency options and built-in support for more than 100 payment gateways.
- Cart66 is the only plugin that makes your site secure and PCI compliant so you don’t require own SSL certificate.
- Inventory management, google analytics, automatic creation of product pages, built in product catalog and image gallery for products.
Cart66 comes with a basic pricing plan of $99 a year and also gives a 14 day free trial.
6. WP eCommerce Plugin
WP eCommerce is a very popular free WordPress shopping cart in the market now. It can sell physical inventory, digital downloads, memberships and has a streamlined checkout process that greatly increases your store’s conversion rate.
Prominent features include:
- Support for various shipping methods and popular courier services.
- Digital downloads, physical products and membership sites are supported.
- Integration with dozens of different payment gateways.
- WP e-commerce has very good automatic tax management systems.
- Inventory, coupon, marketing, reporting management .
Shopify is a fast growing eCommerce platform that handles everything for you. With Shopify WordPress Shopping Cart plugin, you can integrate a shopping cart even for a single product, so it’s perfect for small site owners looking for a simple way to sell directly to their audience.
- Supporting Both Digital and Physical Goods.
- Inventory editor, bulk importer and order tracker for efficient inventory management.
- Accepting Apple Pay, Android Pay, and credit card payments. Their shipping system streamlines your fulfillment process with direct integration with major providers.
- Integrating with major social media platforms, such as Facebook store, twitter or Pinterest.
- Selling your products and accepting any payment on any device (Shopify POS), while Shopify updates your inventory, orders and customers in real-time.
Shopify offers a 14 day free trial and basic plans start at $29 per month.
MarketPress is easily among the best shopping cart for WordPress, known for its wide range of built in features and powerful configuration. You can create multiple colors, sizes and materials for any of your products with product images to match and make your shop look visually appealing. This feature is useful to add a product catalog to your online store for new arrivals.
- Selling digital and physical products.
- Not allowing specific people to make purchases.
- Choosing the countries where online store is visible, making it a popular choice for selling physical goods worldwide.
- Accepting payments using popular processors, like Stripe, PayPal and Authorize.
The premium plugin comes as a part of WPMU DEV ( Premium site with over 100 plugins and support) membership starting around $99 a month.
The primary feature is that you can take an existing site and quickly integrate with its solutions. Another nice feature is the syncing between multiple devices. You can sell your products globally with multi-currency support, more than 40 international payment options, real-time shipping integration and support of 50 languages.
Important features include:
- Automatic Shipping and Taxes
- Sell simultaneously on websites, mobile phones, social sites and marketplaces.
- Add your online store to Facebook, and it will automatically update the inventory and customers between your site and Facebook stores.
- Ecwid Shopping Cart provides free mobile applications to manage your store and sell on the go. With this mobile application you can easily scan products, manage sales, track inventory and accept payments using your mobile device as a POS (Point of Sale) station.
- PCI certified, which is the safest standard for eCommerce solutions worldwide.
The basic plugin is free with premium plans starting at $15 a month.
To Wrap Up
You can choose from any of these top store plugins to start selling your products online. Some of them are free with premium add-ons, while others give a good platform with more security features at a price.