Best Business Laptop Backpack Review
For most entrepreneurs and business professionals, the laptop is an essential tool for work. Emails, documents and access to the cloud are the main reason we carry our laptops everywhere. But these prized business assets are also expensive and fragile. It makes sense to invest in a quality laptop backpack to carry and protect it. Joe from Laptop Backpack Guide has researched and reviewed some of the best laptop bags for entrepreneurs to buy in 2015.
What to look for in a laptop bag
Firstly, what do you need from your computer bag? Are you a frequent traveller or commuter? Do you venture outside often and require rugged protection for your PC or MacBook? Is looking good just as important as comfort? Here are some things you may want to consider:
Price – How much are you willing to spend? If you have a particularly expensive laptop model then it makes sense to invest more in its protection. The bag doesn’t have to be constrained to this 1 purpose though. Many laptop bags double up as rucksacks for other things such as cameras, tablets and personal items.
Fashion – In business, first impressions count. If you turn up to a sales meeting with a scruffy old knapsack it could hinder your chances of business success. You don’t have to own the latest designer satchel but make sure to choose something that is appropriate and suits your style.
Size – This is an important one. Make sure your laptop is going to fit inside the backpack! Check your laptop size and specifications to ensure it is compatible before researching. The most common laptop screen sizes are 12”, 15” and 17” (but there are many more).
Protection – The level of protection will depend on what you do for work. If you are a digital nomad who is always on the go then you may prefer a rugged rucksack with lots of room. If you are an office worker who commutes then maybe you would prefer something lightweight, thin and stylish that fits inside your briefcase.
Features – Do you have any specific requirements? For example, if you are a photographer then there are bags with dedicated camera compartments. If you are a cyclist then you may want high visibility, reflective (and waterproof!) model. Have a think about what is important to you before reviewing.
Best Laptop Bag for Men
The Swissgear Scansmart has some of the best reviews on Amazon and quite rightly so. Swissgear are known for producing quality rucksacks and this model is no exception.
- Comfortable shoulder straps
- Lots of pockets and compartments
- Unique water bottle holder
- Audio port for headphones
- Side easy access laptop compartment
- Separate iPad / tablet compartment
- Airport security friendly design
What we liked:
- Lots of space
- High weight load
- Fits a 17” laptop
- Not just for men!
Best Laptop Bag for Women
If the Swissgear doesn’t quite take your fancy and you’re looking for something with a bit more style then the Leaper canvas rucksack is a popular choice.
- 100% nylon
- Padded laptop compartment
- Compatible with 15 inch laptops
- Separate easy access compartments
- Fleece lined tablet pocket
What we liked:
- Inconspicuous, fashionable design
- Lots of space and pockets
- Dedicated phone compartment
- Durable design
Best Laptop Bag for Travel
With over 1700 reviews on Amazon, this is a popular laptop backpack. Targus is a quality brand and this is one of their flagship products. Primarily aimed at the traveller, it is ideal for holiday bloggers and digital entrepreneurs.
- Compatible with laptops up to 17 inch screens
- Multi zipper compartments
- Water bottle pouch and side pockets
- Water resistant bottom
- Limited lifetime warranty
What we like:
- Breathable mesh back panels
- Rugged design offering great protection
- Secure, secret zipper compartment
- Shock absorbing shoulder straps
- Micro-fibre lined sunglasses pouch
- Many more features!
Best Cheap Laptop Bag for Students
If you’re a student or on a tight budget then this is the cheapest option, that still affords good quality, style and protection. At just over $30 on Amazon, it is a great deal.
- Canvas and faux leather material
- Fits up to a 15” laptop
- Padded straps
- Side pockets
What we liked:
- Large range of colours
- Fashionable but functional design
- Sturdy construction
Final tips on buying a laptop backpack
- Check the dimensions. Ensure your laptop can fit inside the bag.
- Buy from a reputable brand and check the warranty cover.
- If you are a traveller, make sure the dimensions conform to airline carry-on luggage requirements.
- Shop around to find the best deal. Amazon is the best place to look for reviews.
- Laptops are expensive and fragile. Check the level of protection offered.
- Do not put valuables where they can be pickpocketed!
Do you have a favourite laptop bag? Share with the Blogtrepreneur followers on Facebook or Twitter!
For more reviews you can check out Laptop Backpack Guide.